Jan 25, 2021
In this episode of
Mindful Impact with Justin
Francisco, we will have a meaningful conversation
with a legendary ACIM
teacher, Carol Howe. Listen as she shares her knowledge regarding
the truth about how life works.
3 Key Points:
- It is crucial to install the right impressions
in the first three years of life, as this will become the person's
truth in his entire life.
- Relationships can make you upset because of
guilt but, as " A Course in Miracles" points out, some of
your beliefs may be harmful. If you improve how you think about
yourself, things will get better.
- We are not our emotions, emotions are created
as a response to circumstance. We are way more amazing than the
emotions that we have..
- 4:21- The inner experience is the one you will
never forget, triggered by circumstances, where you begin to
experience the truth of what you are.
- 10:08- In the presence of joy, judgment becomes
- 14:00- Meditation is an ongoing recognition of
staying present like doing a mantra or staying focused right where
- 15:55- The miracle is a change of perception, a
shift in the way you experience everything, people, situation,
things, and allows you to direct the love that is always present,
love that constitutes the substance of everything regardless of the
- 18:17- In a husband and wife relationship,
upset happens when one says something that triggers some guilt of
- 20:40- In the first three years of life, we
have a bed of experience that became the foundation/blueprint for a
self-concept that we are building.
- 23:10- When old wounds are triggered, the
stress response is activated, putting a person in a defense
- 23:36- Stress response dumps body chemistry
that generates an emotional experience.
- 24-40- Guilt is painful and is related to
things a person believes about himself that aren't
- 30:47- The frontal lobe of the brain and
non-essential things at the moment of threat turned off for
- 33:51- Once the emotion has turned off the
thinking brain, we tend to hide away with addiction to distract
from how we feel.
- 37:45- Anger is the secondary emotion,
underneath anger is despair or grief.
- 44:10- When we are being less than loving, we
deserve compassion in the face of our lack of awareness of love at
- 45:50- Everybody whose response is not loving
is desperately calling for help.
- 50:00- What's in the mind is what forms the
basis for outside the world.
- 51:00 The good and bad are arbitrary and a
- 52:15- Emotions are not the enemy; it's the
natural conclusion of our belief in ourselves that has been brought
to our attention.
- 53:25- The three-dimensional world is the exact
replica of the inner state of mind.
- 57:20- People create an awful outer life with
their unloving inner life.
- “We can never condemn another without directly
experiencing the consequences of it.”-Carol Howe
- “Our relationship and understanding of the real
purpose are central to a successful life.”-Carol Howe
- “You only feel better if you, yourself, stop
attacking yourself.”-Carol Howe
- "If I could stand on a rooftop and shout one
thing, it could be, stop making your emotion the enemy.’-Carol